Tuesday, December 30, 2008

merry christmas

I took a vacation from the blog. Actually I've just been really busy and didn't sit down to blog. But I had an amazing Christmas! I had 5 days off work! It was amazing! It really felt like a vacation! And this week I only have to work 3 days and then I have another 4-day weekend. Thanks to Dr. Butler who is the interim president at Baylor.

Last Tuesday, when I got off work I went up to Conroe to my grandmother's house to spend the night with my cousin, Andrea and her fiancee, Matt. It was a very nice chill night and my family was there so we watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, our favorite holiday movie.

On Christmas Eve, I came back to Houston and got cleaned up to go to my aunt's house on my dad's side of the family to see everyone. It was great to see them but it wasn't a super eventful party, just a lot of laughing and catching up. Then Kenzie joined us and the fam went to Midnight Mass at my parent's church. I kinda liked it. But that could of been because I spent majority of the time explaining to Kenzie what was going on.

Christmas Day, my mom woke us up around 8:45 to open presents just the 6 of us. It was so awesome and it was definitely the last time we will ever do that because Ricky is getting married next year. It was such a sweet time and I will always remember the Schoelman family traditions on Christmas morning. We got cleaned up and went out to my grandmother's house in Conroe again to spend time with that side of the family. I love them so much and we had a lot of fun, especially when we did the gift exchange and opened Memom's gifts to us. The gifts she didn't spend any money on.

The following day, I went running in the morning and then the roommie and I went to the grocery store and chilled around the house until the evening. We went to the 8th annual girls dinner with a group of friends from high school and then went over to another friend's house and hung out until 2am-ish. Such a fun night of seeing old friends!

Saturday morning, I woke up and went running... 6 miles and then walked another 1.5 miles. My other roommate did alll 10 like we were supposed to but she's been training harder than me. I was exhausted after that.

Sunday I didn't have to teach Sunday school which was a nice break and my family minus my dad came to church with me! What a treat! The biggest news from Sunday, I bought a pink iPOD nano! I love it! And the roommies and I went and saw Twilight. I liked it MUCH better the second time.

See?? An amazing Christmas vacation. Full of love, laughter and friends.

No comments: