Sunday, December 7, 2008

Year in Review

On Friday I left work early to drive up to Austin to spend a day with my good friend from college, Valerie. While I was driving I was thinking it would be cool to have a blog post that reviewed my 2008 year. A lot of changes and experiences but a lot of the same stuff. Transitioning out of college has been hard. I realized when I was in school I was so focused on getting done. Not so I would be graduated and not have to study anymore but because it was just... hard! Financially, physically, emotionally... and so I just focused on finishing. But I never saw past the graduation date the entire time I was in school. A lot of students just look to graduating and not preparing for their future. So when I graduated it was like "now what?".

Figuring out the purpose of your life is hard unless it's something you've known your whole life. But it's getting better. I know I've changed a lot and matured a lot since I've been done with school and my life does have meaning and purpose but it's just hard when you don't have an obvious purpose in your life anymore, like getting an education. So anyway, it's been an interesting year and here's the summary:

January:
-started the year off in Fort Worth with my cousin, Andrea
-start teaching 6th grade girls Sunday school
-started Breaking Free Bible study with Beth Moore
-difficult month at work, a lot of stuff didn't work and we were really far behind and understaffed

February:
-a technician quit at work requiring me to do twice as much, i had 2 12 hour days in a row, yikes!
-Valentine's Day with the girlfriends at Studio Movie Grill
-DNOW, I was a 9th grade girls small group leader

March:
-Rodeo to see Fergie and Toby Keith
-early Easter, spent good Friday at the beach with my family
-acted in the crucifiction scene at my church's Path to the Cross

April:
-March of Dimes with coworkers
-my supervisor goes on maternity leave and I take over her responsibilities

May:
-Mom, Liddy and I model in a church fashion show
-chop my hair off :(
-summerleague swim team starts and I volunteer as an official
-Middle School Madness, overnight lock-in with 100+ junior high kids

June:
-college friends are back in town!
-swim meets every weekend
-Astros game with church friends
-my birthday, Andrea comes to visit me

July:
-move in to a house with Meagan B and Ashley H :)
-4th of July at Memom's
-road trip with Luis to San Antonio (Fiesta Texas and Riverwalk)
-Kemah boardwalk with the family for Mom's birthday

August:
-road trip with Liddy to visit Andrea in FW and attend John Mayer concert
-start Project 365, a daily photo journal
-Tropical storm Edouard, free day off work
-DISNEY WORLD! whirlwind weekend trip to Disney World
-roommates and siblings start school again
-trip to Aggieland to tailgate

September:
-Hurricane Ike hits, no power for 9 days, miss 2 days of work
-start Lit Bible study with Beth Moore and her daughter Melissa
-Ricky proposes to Kenzie in College Station, we get to watch and throw them a party

October:
-attend JV's homecoming game with fellow alums
-Hurricane Ike Relieft trip to Galveston with Lakewood church
-buy plane tickets to Paris
-Fuel retreat with JVBC

November:
-PARIS!!! my first international trip to visit Andrea while she studies abroad
-Aggie Ring Day with Ricky
-Baylor vs A&M in Waco with church friends
-Thankgiving break we host 2 parties at our house with old friends

December:
-road trip to Austin to visit Valerie
-Medical Genetics Laboratories Christmas Party
-the Path to the Cradle @ JVBC
-opening of His House, our new sanctuary

Well that was kinda hard. I'm sure there's a lot of stuff I missed. I'm definitely going to have to update this as I remember things that went on this year. It seems like it was pretty boring but it actually was a lot of fun. And there's a LOT of stuff that happened that's not blog material. :)

No comments: