Friday, December 12, 2008

weekend 2 weeks before Christmas

I can't believe Christmas is only 13 days away! I knew December would fly by because of how busy everything is but wow, it still takes me by surprise. And might I add that I haven't done any Christmas shopping yet. But the good thing atleast is I know what I want to get almost everyone. I just need to go out and get it. However it won't be this weekend because... I'm going on Refuge, a high school retreat with my church. We leave early Saturday morning to drive to camp and then we'll come back Sunday afternoon. I'm excited but I'm missing so much to come on this retreat.

Kenzie (my brother's fiancee) graduates tomorrow morning! My fam is going up to College Station to see her graduate and then her party will be tomorrow night. I so wish I could be there but I know I'll have plenty of opportunity to congratulate her later. I remember my college graduation and what an incredible time that was. My mom came up the day before and ran errands with me to get me ready for the big day. It's interesting to be in a phase of life where you don't know what lies ahead of you at all. Not a clue. When you can't even picture what you will be doing in 5 years. It's a little freeing. Your life is 100% yours at that point and you can make of yourself whatever you want. You're at the threshold for the rest of your life. Hopefully, if you're lucky, you know what your next step is.

But for tonight, I'm taking it easy and resting because I've done something every night this week and I just need a chill night before a busy weekend. Luckily, Meagan is going to join me. Have a nice weekend! :)

No comments: