Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Honduras

This spring break, I am going on a mission trip with my church to Honduras to work in an orphanage and do a vacation bible school. I'll be gone March 14-21, 2009! The trip is with Buckner International and it's lead by Melanie Ramos, she works with Buckner and JVBC. I don't know the specific details yet but I know we'll be doing 5 days of VBS, starting the day after we get there and then our last day will be a tourist day and we'll get to go to the beach. This will be my first international mission trip and it's something I've wanted to do so badly since I was in college.

1) These opportunities like Paris and Honduras never could have happened while I was in college even though I wanted it just as bad back then. I'm just so thankful that with a little bit of patience and faith, I can enjoy going on these trips even more than I would have if I had been able to go in college.

2) I know I could go on this trip exactly as I am because we will have translators with us but I want to be able to interact with the kids as much as possible in Spanish. So I really need to get back to learning it. I have 4 months.

But, most of all, I'm going to Honduras in 4 months! Yay!!!!!!!!!

No comments: