Sunday, December 7, 2008

10 most fascinating people of 2008

Like Barbara Walters except the people in my life... I could say something wonderful about each one of my friends but these people stood out in 2008

*these are in no particular order

Andrea Benson - My cousin who's 2 years younger than me. We've gotten to see each other more this year than previous years and it's been great for our friendship. She makes the list because she's so selfless, easy going and kind. She also took on the incredible challenge of leaving her home for 4 months to live in a different country that speaks a different language. I just love how she lives life and I'm glad to be her friend.

Phyllis Schoelman - My mom. I mean how could she not be on the list? She always is there for me, always, always. She loves me unconditionally and is so giving. She also helps me shop because I'm really bad at it. When I lived at home we used to go on walks and car rides together when she had to chauffer my siblings.

Luis A - Someone I became good friends this year who is the epitome of God giving someone a dream for their life and them pursuing it to no end. Despite setback, hardships and trials, he never gives up and he does it all with faith and a smile. I learned a lot about life and myself through getting to know him and getting to hear his story.

Chris Curran - JVBC's youth minister. 100% committed to God's call for his life. I've never met anyone so good at remembering you and being intentional about making you feel important. Plus he invited me to be a part of the youth minitry by teaching Sunday school and that's been one of the greatest blessing in my life.

Beth Moore - Bible study author and teacher. I've done 3 of her Houston Bible studies and I've learned so much about the Bible and how to study the Bible. I've never studied the Bible like I did while I was in her studies. She is so loving of all women and so, so, so humble. Always putting others above herself and directing all her success to God's blessing. She never takes credit for anything and is always praising others around her.

Meagan Barnhart - my roommate and friend since high school. I've really enjoyed getting to know her this year. I love sitting in our living room having several hour conversations with her about life. Plus she has such a heart for God and is actively seeking a closer relationship with Him. She'll always take time to talk with you even if it means she has to give up something she'd rather be doing. And she always has something interesting to say... always.

Ashley Hubble - my roommate and friend since junior high. Such a sweet girl who is so in love with the Lord. Her faith and the way she lives her life is so inspiring and such an example for those around her. Also she's very servant hearted and is always thinking of others before herself. She loves people and serves people and loves God more than anyone I know. I've loved getting to know her this year too.

Memom - my sweet grandma. The older I get, the more I appreciate her. She has such wisdom from her years and I love hearing her stories. She also lives her life in such a healthy way... eats healthy, exercises regularly, stimulates her mind and is socially involved in her neighborhood. She's also so right with God and ready to go home whenever her time comes. I look up to her and can't wait to be like her one day.

Bob Trieu - my coworker who continues to entertain me daily. He's had me laughing with tears in my eyes on several occassions. For whatever reason, his sense of humor gets me rolling. Plus he's so knowledgable about everything. He's one of those people who you can ask him anything and he's gonna atleast know something about it. And if he doesn't, he'll find you the answer in like 5 seconds.

Kone Agnes - my 5 year old in Kenya. I adopted her through Compassion International and I'm so thankful for the opportunity to be apart of her life, even if it's from a distance. I really have no idea what her day to day life is like but I know it's way harder than mine and her faith is incredible. I love how much I can learn from her and how to have faith when God doesn't give you every pleasure you desire.

Thanks to everyone who made my year so great. Life is definitely brighter with these people around. I'm so thankful for getting to be apart of these people's lives no matter for how short or how long. Thank you, thank you.

1 comment:

Andrea_Benson said...

I'm so honored to be a part of this!!

You're absolutely amazing and I can't wait to hang out with you at Christmas!! Love you!!