Wednesday, December 17, 2008

...

I can't decide what to blog about.

I could write about my weekend on the Refuge retreat with the high schoolers at my church. It was a lot of fun and my small group had some great discussion. I love teaching junior high students but it was so nice to get a break from their hyperness and hang out with kids who are a little more calm and serious about their faith. Two sweet girls want to become more involved in missions and service projects around the city. I told them I would be their adult help and so this weekend we are meeting up to plan some events for our youth group.

I could write about my opinion on the ridiculous shoe throwing event in Iraq the other day. I mean honestly, who throws a shoe? First, Bush seemed so unaffected by the event by waving off his security guards as they run in front of him to protect him. And then his demeanor when he was questioned on it was like, no big deal. But that's because he dodged the shoe. What if it had whacked him in the face? He even looked kinda cool ducking as quickly as he did. I seriously doubt he would have been so nonchalant about it if it actually hit him. And WHY did it take so long for the service to get to the man?

I could write about how difficult work has been but that would sound like complaining.

I could write about my status on birthday and Christmas shopping. I love shopping for Christmas gifts and then wrapping them. Last night, I wrapped 3 more gifts and put them under the tree. Yay! One more week until Christmas Eve. I only have a few more gifts I need to get. Tomorrow is Liddy's birthday. 14!

I'm excited Christmas is one week away. I'll be glad to get some time off work to spend with my family. I feel like I've barely seen them recently and I live 2 minutes away. But at the same time Christmas is one week away and I feel like I haven't taken the time to really think about what Christmas is all about... Christ's birth into this world. The cry of a newborn breaking the 400 years of silence from God. No word from God for 400 years and then suddenly it comes in the most unexpected form... a baby... in a barn... and the world would never be the same.

No comments: