Monday, November 24, 2008

twilight + weekend

I hate to admit it. It's a little embarrassing. But I'm a Twilight fan. My little sister has been reading the Twilight series non-stop, literally non-stop. She told me to read them because they were "soooo good". I figured they were not really my age but when I was standing in the airport to leave for Paris, I thought I should get a book to read on the flight. I walked into the airport bookstore and saw Twilight. With only a few minutes to make a decision before I boarded, I grabbed the book and bought it (an Anderson Cooper bookmark was complimentary with the purchase, ow ow!). So I guess you could say, I accidently read Twilight. I didn't plan on it, didn't desire to, it just accidently happened. BUT I like it! I remember going through the stage of intrigue and infatuation with vampires when the movie Interview with a Vampire came out and Brad Pitt portrayed a very good-looking vampire. It's not the same with Twilight but the love-story is very... sweet. So I finished the book last Thursday and took my little sister and her friend to see the movie. I have to admit I was a little disappointed with the movie. The acting of the two main characters is not that great. And the love between the two seems to develop out of nowhere and for no reason, leaving me emotionally unattached. However, despite his potential arrogance and self awareness that may come from the thousands of teenagers wishing they could have his babies, Robert Pattinson was a very HOT vampire. I mean he really rivals Brad Pitt.

The rest of the weekend was less eventful with a 60-minute run/walk on Saturday morning, 2-hour eye appointment Saturday afternoon, hectic 45-minute Sunday school lesson on Sunday morning and a 30-minute swim workout Sunday night. Have I mentioned that I have been out of the water for atleast 3 years!? I have lost all my swimmer muscle and endurance. But it only makes me want to be back in the water more and gain it back.

Tonight, I'm white tornado-ing my house to get ready for our Thanksgiving parties this week. I'm so excited to have people over to our house. I love hanging out and catching up with old friends. Wednesday night is with friends from high school that graduated in '03 with me. Friday night is with friends that I went to high school with but wasn't really friends with them until last summer. Most of them are 1-2 years younger than me but still a lot of fun. I'm so excited this week officially starts the holiday season. Oh and can I say "Beat the hell outta t.u."? Or should I just hide behind the couch this Thursday at 7pm?......

No comments: