Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Memorial Park walk


My roommates and I are training for the half-marathon on January 18, 2009. They started last week but since I was in Paris last week, I just started this week. On Monday, I did 40 minutes of run 3 mins/walk 2 mins and it was a great workout because I ran so much harder because I had those walking breaks. Yesterday, I was only supposed to walk for 30-40 mins. On my way home from work, I stopped at Memorial Park to do my walk... and I loved it.

The park was absolutely beautiful with the green trees and open field of the golf course. The sun was setting and casting beautiful colors and peeking out from behind the trees. And the weather here has been absolutely perfect... mid 70s during the day, not a cloud in the sky and dry! I had my music playing and I just thoroughly enjoyed my walk.

I felt like my mind was clear and I could just absorb God's beautiful creation! It was a great walk in the park! :)

No comments: