Sunday, November 16, 2008

End of vacation

Well it's Sunday night and tomorrow morning my vacation officially ends. I'm sad but I shouldn't be because my vacation was everything I could have wanted it to be. I had an amazing time in Paris and got to do and see so many things. It was long enough for me to feel like I really had a break. But it's just going back to the mundane. The everyday life that gets me down a little. I know life can't be always super exciting because then we wouldn't be able to appreciate the good moments so much. But I just don't want this vacation to fade from my memory and feel like it never really happened. I want each big life experience to move me on to another step... to contribute to the next thing I'm going to do. Like I'm walking up stairs... each thing I do gets me closer and closer to the top. My only problem is I'm not really sure what's waiting for me at the top or what I'm climbing towards.

I have so many feelings coming out of this trip to Paris. Part of me really wants to move abroad and live in a different culture for awhile. I'm not sure if I'll enjoy it but I feel like I need to do it to get it out of my system. It's something I can't seem to ignore for several years now.

Above all though I'm so thankful for the trip to Paris. The thanks goes to God because I was only able to do this trip because I went to college, graduated, got a good job, had amazing parents who let me live at home for free for a year to save money and blessed me with good health. I'm so lucky and I know it. I probably take it for granted but I'm trying not to. Live each moment to the fullest. Live life moment to moment and let life happen to you. Hence the name of my blog. :)

Hopefully work is bearable tomorrow and not in shambles.

No comments: