Wednesday, November 19, 2008

parents.

Tonight I went over to my parents house for dinner and then stayed for awhile sitting on the couch in my living room. My mom comes in to talk to me and she's really into redecorating the interior of our house. So she's throwing ideas around to me and asking my opinion when my dad comes in and sits down with us. He's in a goofy mood and teases my mom about all the decorating. We discuss how the DVR isn't working which brings the attention to the tv/entertainment system. My brothers have hooked up a surround sound system that sits right in front of the tv and because of it's lack of asthetic appeal, my mom covered it with a fancy decorating cloth which sometimes inconveniently blocks the reception of the remote control. My dad teases her about that and which point she walks over to the tv and says,

"Tell me where you see this in a decorating magazine?" And lifts off the fancy cloth to reveal the hideous surround sound system.

My dad replies, "Well, what about in the I-want-to-change-the-channel magazine? How do they show it there?"

I realize that you had to be there and have had experience the difficulty of changing the channel from the couch in order to fully appreciate my dad's comment. But still, it's funny to me and I'm glad my parents can laugh at each other and enjoy (for the most part atleast) the nuances they have. I'll have to get pictures of this decorating dilemma to add to this blog.

1 comment:

AuntDianne said...

Hi, Chrissy. I can almost hear Kurt and Phyllis exchanging comments about the sound system. Watch your mom or she will put a bow on it. I am so happy that your Paris trip was a dream come true for you. You are young and will have many more exciting opportunities to explore the world. All I ask is that you do not move your home base! We would miss you too much.
Love, Aunt Dianne