Thursday, November 6, 2008

Au revoir!

I'm leaving for Paris today!!! So much has been going on since I last wrote but it was overwhelming to find time and energy to sit and update this blog. Plus I had so much to say I didn't even know where to begin. The spanish has been on hiatus because of Paris planning but when I get back I'm going to start learning again.

My flight leaves at 6:35pm tonight and will fly for 9-10 hours and land at 10:45am on Friday in Paris which will be 3:45am here in Houston. It's going to be the longest day of my life. When I get to Paris I have to find the RER station, buy my ticket, get on the correct train, find a seat that's big enough for me and my suitcase, avoid pickpockets who "prey on naive and jetlagged tourists", get off at Denfert Rochereau, find Andrea. After that my trip will be a breeze (hopefully)! I'm sure from there Andrea and I will go check into our apartment, unload our stuff and then start exploring Paris - finding things to do to keep me awake until bedtime to avoid jet lag.

I'm so excited but I really don't feel like I'm actually flying to Paris tonight. I think it's because I have absolutely no idea what to expect. It'll be nice to actually be there after planning this trip since March! I'm really hoping hoping hoping I can blog while I'm there to give updates on the trip.

When I get back from Paris, I have one night in Houston and then I'm leaving for College Station the next day for Ricky's Aggie ring day! WHOOP! Staying in CS with my friend Stacy and then driving to Waco on Saturday for the A&M vs. Baylor football game. Oh gosh, I'm gonna be tired! But can't miss out on the fun! See you when I get back! Pray for me and check back to see if I update while I'm in Paris!

Au revoir!

No comments: