Thursday, February 12, 2009

Twilight 4 (Breaking Dawn)

I'm starting the 4th and final book in the Twilight series. I don't know what captivates us, women in these books. My sister who is 14, myself who is 23 and my mom who is... our mom, have all been enthralled in these books. And I know we aren't the only ones. As my mom put it last night, "There was a part I was reading in the last book where I had to stop and ask myself, 'Have I been breathing?'"

I think it's unfair for me to be reading these books though. Each night when I put it down to go to sleep I have to take a deep breath. I guess part of it is because I'm pulling myself out of this fantasy world and realizing the characters aren't real. Another part of it is, I think us unmarried girls long for the character of Edward in our own lives. His beauty, suaveness, agility, strength, kindness, patience and unconditional love he has for Bella. Problem is, he doesn't exist and we will never be satisfied if we compare anyone whe date to him.

Part of me loves these books and is sad I'm on the final one. But another part of me will be so glad it's over so my heart wont be constantly torn up after reading their love story. It's hard on my heart to read about a relationship this is so perfect and flawless.

For now though, I'm loving each minute as the final stretch of their love story unfolds before me in Breaking Dawn. Stephenie Meyer sure is talented and has a wild, vivid imagination.

No comments: