Thursday, February 19, 2009

day to day

I think I have a tendency to write posts on all the fun things that happen in life. Like my weekend plans, trips I'm going on and stuff like that. But there are so many days in between the exciting stuff that should be equally important. Those days should be blog-worthy too.

For example, yesterday, I literally did nothing. Nothing exciting but when I reflect on yesterday there were so many wonderful, quiet, small things that contributed to a great day. I woke up 15 minutes early and read my Bible and journaled a prayer. On my way to work I listened to a sermon by Matt Chandler from The Village church in Denton, TX. There were great truths in his message and he taught on something I needed to hear.

Work went well... I got to sit at my computer all day and listen to KSBJ and gmail chat with friends. Plus we get breakfasts every Wednesday but someone got confused and 2 people brought breakfast! So I had double the options for my mid-morning snack.

After work, I went to my parents house and went for a walk around the neighborhood with my mom. We had great conversation and both were able to vent all the things going on in our lives. The things we are worried about. The things we struggle with. And then just hanging out, eating dinner with my family.

And then at home, I set up new lamps in our living room so our room has a soft, nice glow of light instead of the big fan light we've been using. I was able to respond to a few emails and chat with friends and get other random things done.

I definitely have my bad days and bad parts in my days. Like yesterday I had to go get my 3rd Guardasil shot so I can be "one less" and the nurse was 20 minutes late calling me in and she administered the shot very carelessly and it HURT. I'm not a wimp about shots at all and I seriously wanted to cry after it. But despite that, my day was restful, peaceful and simple. I dont want to forget how wonderful days are when we just slow down. I can learn to enjoy the quiet moments in life when I'm naturally excited for the big plans. Life is good. I can't complain.

No comments: