Monday, February 9, 2009

future events

I get really excited about events that are happening in the future. Usually it's because I've planned something that I really want to do and so I look forward to it until it finally arrives. For example, this weekend is going to be ridiculously fun. It's Valentine's weekend and being a "single lady" and all, you'd think this would be a hard weekend, but not so. My friends and I are going to have so much fun.

Friday night, our good friend, Meredith is coming into town and we will probably catch a flick and then come back to the house for some girl time.

Saturday morning-afternoon, my 2 roommates and I are going up to The Houstonian Club, courtesy of my aunt and uncle's left over guest passes, for a good work out and massage from the spa!

Saturday night, the boys from my young adult small group are cooking- yes cooking with their own hands- dinner for all the girls. We have been told to dress up! Ooh lala!

Sunday will be a chill day and Monday I have the day off from work! I plan to go visit my roommates at their schools, bring them lunch, meet their kids, see their classrooms, etc. :)

Such a fun weekend, right? I have every right to completely neglect each day this week with eager anticipation for the fun weekend. But a good friend reminded me recently how easy it is to pass up the moments right in front of us:
"i have to remind myself to live everyday sometimes or ill miss opportunites bc im either looking for something in the future or worried about something in the past"

God has created each day for me, for some specific purpose. I need to stop looking forward to things that will happen and look at the things that are happening. Right around me...

No comments: