Friday, January 16, 2009

marathon weekend

Friday is finally here... which means the marathon weekend is finally here! I could barely sit still through work today just thinking about all the fun that was going to be happening this weekend. But the time ticked by slowly sure enough and at 4pm, I was gone and on my way home.

All the fun begins tomorrow. My roommates and I have a bridal shower at 11am, so I'll wake up, get dressed and go buy her a gift. Rendezvous with the roommies and go to the shower for about an hour to an hour and a half. It will be a lot of fun to see old friends from high school and just have girl time and gush over the bride-to-be.

Then it's off to the EXPO at the George R. Brown Convention Center to pick up our race packets that will have our running bibs, timing chips and final instructions for race day. There will be lots of vendors there giving away free stuff and selling cool running gear at discounts. I'll be walking into a world I know nothing about, since I'm a swimmer and NOT a runner. But it'll be eye-opening to meet people who have dedicated so much time and effort to the sport.

After EXPO, we will need to decide on what we are going to wear on race day. We will definitely be wearing our names on our person somewhere but we can't decide just yet if we want to paint t-shirts, or paint fabric and pin it on fancy running shirts or what. But we will be putting our names somewhere so spectators can cheer as we run by! :)

Dinner is one of the things I'm most excited about. Our families are coming over for a spaghetti dinner at our house! We will work out all the details for the following morning as far as meeting up after the race. As well as just chat and get excited about the race! And then, to bed early!

And then you can guess what will happen on Sunday morning. :)

1 comment:

The Sages said...

Yay Chrissy!! You're amazing for running today!!!