Thursday, October 16, 2008

Paris - 3 weeks

I've lived all my life in Texas. The only time I moved was when I went to college and now I live on my own but it's literally 2 minutes away from where I grew up and obviously I'm still in Houston. Up until about 3 years ago, I didn't really care much about visiting other places... especially outside the States. I enjoyed traveling inside the States but really had no desire to "see the world". Even when 4 years ago (wow, it's been that long) I got to go to Puerto Vallarta for about 4-5 days. I thought it was cool but not much beyond that. But all the sudden, I can't wait to get out and experience different cultures, languages, customs, environments, scenery... anything that's different from America. The world is HUGE and I've only experience a teeny, tiny part of it. I've desired to go to all different kinds of places through the years: Africa, Greece, China, Europe, and just haven't gotten the chance.

But all that is gonna change in 3 weeks when I go to Paris to visit my cousin, Andrea who is studying abroad there for the fall semester. I can not wait. I totally expect it to rock my world and change my perspective on a bunch of things and broaden my horizons. I hope it starts the first of many overseas traveling and even inspires/motivates me to pack up and live abroad for awhile. I'll be there Nov. 6-13th. Just a short time but atleast I will be able to say I've seen it.


Here's one of Andrea's pics from Versailles. This picture speaks volumes to me. Can't wait to see it myself.


No comments: