Friday, June 12, 2009

why haven't i been blogging?

I haven't blogged in a month and a half. :( Let's recap what's happened since the beginning of May. Well one big thing I can't talk about yet. Once there's confirmation it will happen, I will post on it, of course! But let's just say I love teaching my junior high girls at church on Sunday. I love middle to high school students. I know this is the age when people are figuring out who they are, making bad decisions, growing physically awkward, testing the waters, etc BUT they bring me so much joy. I love their energy and enthusiasm for life. I love how much they need a strong, positive role model in their life and I can only pray God can use me in such a way. Something I've been working on has a lot to do with this age group and the fact that I love teaching. ;)

Me with my girls at a junior high retreat:



Another thing that is constantly on my mind is Honduras and Latin/Central America in general. I mean, can I really be that into a group of people when I've only spent a week down there? I don't get it. I basically only listen to spanish radio in hopes that during this busy time in my life, I can pick up some spanish through that. I would be studying in the evenings but simply can't with the other thing I'm doing. When it's over, I will definitely be hitting the books. I love though that I can learn a word and then hear it clearly on the radio. God is definitely working something big in me over this though. I'm either crazy or following God's direction. Who knows? Definitely a post on that later.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are not crazy. I love being here despite the pollution, trash, smells, coups, earthquakes..... It's the people!!!! God loves people, and He put that love in your heart. I like that age group too. Three of my fifth/sixth grade students confessed they want to rent the apt next door to me to live together near me. Then we can watch TV and bake cookies all of the time together. I thought that was so touching.

Ms. Schoelman said...

Thank you Laurie! I love hearing about what you're doing there and your story has really inspired me to pursue what I feel God has put on my heart. Thanks for the encouragement.