Thursday, June 25, 2009

cool things to do in Houston

Houston, Texas
Do you ever find yourself doing the same things over and over again? Going to the same restaurants? Going to the same places to hangout? Going to the movies all the time because you can't think of anything else to do? Yeah... me too. So I try to be creative and come up with new things. Sometimes they sound really cheesy but turn out to be fun. Example: a dive-in movie. Not dRive but DIVE. I imagine you swim in a pool, or have a picnic by the pool and they play a movie on a big screen close by. I haven't done this yet but I really want to!


So I compiled a list of fun places to go in Houston and fun things to do. My all time favorite is the Miller Outdoor Theater in Herman Park. To me, picnicing on a lawn on a summer evening, watching a cool show and chatting with your friends can't be beat! But here's some other ideas.


Miller Outdoor Theater

Onion Creek

Helio's/AvantGarden

Beavers

Tacos-a-gogo

Buffalo Bayou Parks & Events (Sabine St bridge)

Brasil (sandwhiches, breakfast & brunch, pizza) on Montrose

Last Concert Cafe

Bayou Place

Barnaby's Cafe

Empire Cafe

House of Blues

Indika (indian food)

Saint Dane's

Ziggy's Healthy Grill

No comments: